End Game [Full] End Game [Full]

Definitely not bad. Well composed, and soft, yet crisp and has pretty good work with sidechaining. Worth a listen or two.

TrickshotCat12 responds:

Thank you so much!
Keep up your songs too man :)

Noicion Noicion

Now this is some old-school shit, right here. I fucking love it. Spectacular stuff, even with the mildly-shoddy mastering.

vondirac responds:

Thanks man! Mastering is something I definitely need to improve on.

Cane Swinging Cane Swinging

Some kickass take on technoswing? Don't mind if I do. This is some really quality stuff, among your best, in my opinion.

Future Future

You reviewed mine, so may as well return the favor.

This is some truly spectacular stuff. Been a long time since I have heard such a quality melodic dubstep piece on Newgrounds. The mastering is a tad odd, with the emphasis on mid and high frequencies, as opposed to lower, but that's melodic stuff for you. I am definitely impressed!

Pandasticality responds:

thank you for your kind words, i love doing melodic stuff, il definantly do more in the future,
Thank you for your review, much appreciated.
- Pandasticality

8bit 8bit

Newgrounds has a chipstep section-- this is, quite frankly, where it belongs.

That aside, the sounds are well balanced. The piece, as a whole, is incredibly repetitive. This isn't so much 'listening' music as 'background' music. I could hear this in a videogame, very easily.

namirhassan responds:

this song was the 2nd thing i made on fl studio. lol

but thanks for the insightful review. :)

AxEL - Blasted AxEL - Blasted

Reminds me greatly of Excision. Not quite my style, but this isn't too bad.

The fact that you have the heavy synths permeating throughout most of the piece really gives it a more repetitive feeling than it should have.

Overall, the mastering is very nice, though. Everything is well balanced.

Steps (Original Mix) Steps (Original Mix)

Not dub, or brostep, or chillstep, or anything related, in the slightest. Far more of a techno/fusion piece, at least with this site's genre listings.

Overall, though, the mastering is quite nice. The synth you used in the 'drop', though, did feel quite raw compared to everything else, and considering that everything else didn't really change their feel/tone (drums, melody, etc.), it really felt out of place. The mastering, like I said, is nicely done. The volumes of everything match very nicely. The beat is also quite nice, very ambient.

The composition itself is a little lacking, for me. Not quite my tastes. That I won't mark you down for, though, since that would be biased.

Anaklosmos responds:

Hey thanks for the review man! I just now listened to this after quite a while for the first time and I can hear exactly what you can. I have ditched this project and have started moving on to more exciting tracks, but thanks so much for the feedback! Can't improve if I don't know what I'm doing wrong! XD

-= Shadowframe =- -= Shadowframe =-

The immediately-recognizable throat bass you use almost always brings a smile to my face. Keep on keepin' on, my friend.

TheBiocide responds:

Ironic, because comments like these usually do the same to me ;)

Cheers, buddy!

UnEpic -Boss fight-(Rmx) UnEpic -Boss fight-(Rmx)

A game I quite enjoyed. The music reminded me of Gauntlet Dark Legacy.

Quite the remix!

Midnight Fire Midnight Fire

As a seasoned FL Studio user, the recognition of these pre-packed synths would normally make me want to facepalm, but this song is so deliciously old-school and reminiscent of Doom, that I couldn't possibly do that. Quite a job you did, here. The only problem I have is the abrupt ending-- I recommend working on an outro note, or something of a slight space, otherwise it sounds like it is meant to loop, or transition into another track on an album.

You're on the right track, though!

Let me know if you ever need some synth recommendations, too. I have 70+ in my repertoire that I can let you know about!

nietzlawe responds:

Thanks for the detailed feedback on the track. I'll admit, I was very lazy on the outro, but I will make some revisions at a later date, there are a couple of other things I would like to add too, in hindsight. I'm in the process of selling a few things and acquiring a new portable grand piano, so I will be able to dedicate a lot more time to all my music projects and try to keep improving everything to another level higher.

I'm more than happy to hear some of your synth recommendations.